Businesses are choosing a wide variety of techniques and tactics to gain new customers and keep the current ones coming in the door. With all of the ideas being utilized, many businesses are forgetting the obvious. The goal is to stay on your customer’s radar, and to do this you need to give them something they will see all the time. Using traditional marketing such as mailings, television commercials, newspaper/magazine ads are really hit and miss. Your customer may or may not see the ad. They may or may not get the postcard in the mail. So what is a business to do? The answer is simple: Key Tags.
Key tag printing has been around for a while. And it is probably the most under-utilized marketing tool out there today. What better way to keep your business on a customer’s mind all of the time than with a key chain that they literally have in their hands every single day…many times a day! Getting the key tag into the customer’s hands is also much easier to do than you might realize. Here are some ways:
- Put a Sign Up area right on your website! Your customers can fill out all of their information and then you can mail them their key tag. Or even better, have them stop by the local store to pick it up. They can use it while they are there!
- Sign them up at the register – you can literally scan a key tag and card combo and hand it right to them to use. If you don’t want to be too pushy, simply place the information in their package, or hand it to them with their receipt.
- Have an open house and offer a discount on merchandise for those who sign up. Offer free food and door prizes which brings everyone out. Even if they don’t sign up for a loyalty key tag, you may still at least get a sale.
- Some businesses have added the key tag sign up information into their local paper or circular. You can also send them in the mail. With the ability to add numbering under the key tag barcode, it is simple for the customer to go online once they receive it and register their personal key tag number. It is risky because you don’t know who will throw the piece away and who will sign up. But if you offer an incentive, you may get a better ROI.
- Simply hand them out. Go to a mall, a Chamber Coffee or event, or maybe even ask other businesses to help in your effort. If you give them something in return, like maybe free ad space on the handout, they may be willing to help out your cause if you are not a competitor.
A key tag program has the ability to elevate a business to the next level. Once you see your custom key tags on everyone’s set of car keys, and the returning customers coming in the door, you will quickly find this type of loyalty program is well worth the investment!